Saturday, March 8, 2008

Molly the Cat-Dog


Over the last week, our very energetic and happy dog, Molly, morphed into a Cat-Dog. What does this mean? As I was preparing to leave the house for work one day this week, I heard a crash down in the basement. I ran down to see what Molly got into, and found her sitting proudly over a dead baby mouse. I can handle a lot of things but for some reason the sight of a mouse turns my knees into jello. After I finished the first round of screaming, I ran upstairs to try and gather my thoughts, all the while realizing there was a good chance the dog would have eaten the little mouse by the time I got back downstairs. This thought just led me to freak even more and my body was literally shaking. The only rational thought was to call Matt (who was on his way to school) and see if he had suggestions. The problem was, he didn't pick up, so the message I left for him was a great one- part laughing, part screaming, crying a little, trying to get the words out of my mouth. I can only imagine his face when he heard the message!

I managed to put on my oven mitts and get a broom and venture back downstairs and get rid of the mouse. I choose not to think about this part because it still freaks me out. If there had been a camera on me we surely would have won on America's Funniest Home Videos.

This may seem like a strange happening to some of you, but such is the life at 3 Court Drive. If you have a mouse problem, let me know and I'll send Cat-Dog over. No charge. Just don't expect me to come along.








No comments: