Sunday, March 9, 2008

Couch-to-5K

By letting you all in on my newest committment to myself, my hope is that making this public will help encourage me to keep at it. Ever heard of Couch-to-5K running program? It's basically a smart method to get yourself up and running- starting out slow and working your way up to a 5K. If you're interested, the link is http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml . Since having the baby I have recommitted to myself to get into shape; the weight is coming off :) but I also want to be a healthy role model for Maggie. Running is not really my thing, and I hope my knees can take it. I'm starting out on the treadmill, in the hopes it is kinder to my knees than the sidewalks. Wish me luck & encouragement, all you runners!

3 comments:

meg13m said...

Go Kelly!!!

mtink said...

Good luck Kelly! Let me know how your progress goes. I would love to do something like that! I know you will do it!

A life well lived said...

AWESOME! You can do it!! Hey, I'll do it with you. Lord knows I need to get in shape! I'm going to check out that site right now!
Luv,
Erica :)